Take a Science of Mind Class at CSL Granada Hills!
The Centers For Spiritual Living is proud to present a broad program in Science of Mind™ teaching. This program offers people of all ages the opportunity to realize the Presence of God, to discover their inherent creative power, and to experience the Presence and Power in their daily lives.
Those who take Science of Mind classes:
- form an incredible bond with others in the classes
- awaken to new insights upon your consciousness
- move through obstacles and manifest desired results
For questions about our classes or to reserve your space in a class, please call our Center at 1-818-363-8136, use our contact form to send us an email or visit our Center and sign up for classes in Sparks Fellowship Hall. For general class information, read the Frequently Asked Questions at the end of this page.
There are six (6) courses required to become a Licensed Practitioner
I. Foundation Level Classes
Choose 1 among the following 3 courses as the prerequisite:
- New Foundations of the Science of Mind
- Beyond Limits
- The Spiritual Path (SOM 101) PLUS Spiritual Mind Treatment (SOM 102)
II. Ernest Holmes Philosophy
- The Essential Ernest Holmes
- SOM103 and 104
III. History/Philosophy Coursework
Choose 1 of the following 2 courses:
- Exploring Roots
- From Whence We Came
Including additional work with Troward and other foundational teachers. (To give the teacher more flexibility in choose course work appropriate for their particular students)
Choose 3 among the following courses:
- The Edinburgh Lectures (SOM 207)
- Creative Process in the Individual (SOM 213)
- Treatment and Meditation: Spiritual Practices for Daily Living
- Power of Your Word
- Building a Healing Consciousness (SOM 103)
- Meditation is More Than You Think
- Practical Mysticism
- Self-Mastery: The Emergence of the True Self
- Can include 1 course from the vast selection of all other Certificated Courses
Frequently Asked Questions about Science of Mind Classes
Why take classes?
The basic principles we study are profound, but not necessarily easy to embody and practice in our daily lives. Sunday morning is where we hear about our potential, but the classroom is where we experience the practical application of principle. The process of regular Science of Mind™ class attendance is how we begin to embody a true change in our consciousness.
No matter who you are or what the current issues on your path, in classes you will find a new perspective – in a timeless message that is totally relevant for today. Each class is taught in a fun and fast-paced format. The support of shared insights and the opportunity to ask questions in a classroom setting offer a learning environment not easily duplicated with solitary study. The discipline of regular attendance and the weekly readings create a framework for asking the big questions about life and our place in it.
What happens in class?
Through lectures, discussions, and workshops led by a qualified instructor, the student learns how to personalize the same metaphysical principles which the great masters throughout history have used to experience greater wholeness! Each class takes on an energy of its own which stimulates each individual mind.
What will you learn?
- You will learn about your connectedness to an infinite power for good which you can use.
- You will learn how to apply Universal Principles in your daily life and get results.
- You will learn the art of positive prayer called Spiritual Mind Treatment.
- You will learn the value of meditation and daily spiritual disciplines and commitment.
- You will learn that you have found new friends and relationships in your classmates who think as you do.
- You will learn you really can create a new life by changing your thinking and beliefs.
Is there tuition for classes?
Yes. Taking a Science of Mind™ class requires a commitment of both time and money. The truth is, little can be achieved without commitment. It creates an expectancy of change which is very valuable. Tuition is set by International Centers for Spiritual Living and is standard for all churches.
What is the value of taking “accredited” classes?
A certificate of completion is issued at the conclusion of all classes when the attendance and other requirements have been met. After completing a specific number of classes, a student may be eligible to be licensed as a Religious Science Practitioner, and with further class work, as a Minister of Religious Science.
The Department of Education and Professionalism is dedicated to open communication and working with our field to expand and strengthen our education.
Each Science of Mind 100 class is eight weeks and is based on books and writings of Dr. Ernest Holmes. Each Science of Mind 200 class is eight weeks and is based on the 200 curriculum. It is the policy of the Department of Education to encourage our ministers to use accredited ICSL classes if they so desire. This listing contains UCSL classes which have been approved.
For questions about our classes or to reserve your space in a class, please call our Center at 1-818-363-8136, use our contact form to send us an email or visit our Center and sign up for classes in Sparks Fellowship Hall. For general class information, read the Frequently Asked Questions on this page.